Attorneys Advocating For Babies And Mothers Suffering Birth Injuries
The birth of a baby is often one of the happiest days in the life of a family. This is as it should be. But, sadly, this sometimes is not the case when the baby or mother – or both – suffer harm as a result of medical negligence during prenatal care, labor or delivery. A legal evaluation can help families get answers to their burning question of “why?”
At Williams | Boxie, our experienced trial lawyers can help you pursue answers and justice in Louisiana after a birthing outcome such as the following:
- During your prenatal care, your obstetrician and gynecologist (OBGYN) failed to monitor for preeclampsia (high blood pressure), with resulting birth injuries to you and/or your baby.
- Your baby suffered a lack of oxygen (hypoxia) during labor or delivery, resulting in cerebral palsy.
- Your baby suffered shoulder dystocia after being stuck in the birth canal without timely intervention.
Our medical malpractice lawyers are ready to help you pursue compensation so that you and your baby will have the necessary resources to face the challenges ahead.
Discovering The Cause; Recovering Relief
If one of our attorneys takes on your birth injury case, we will gather information to discover how your birthing experience went wrong, including:
- Who, among your medical providers, did not follow accepted standards of care during your prenatal care, labor or delivery?
- Did your doctor fail to perform a cesarean section (C-section) even though monitoring information demonstrated that it was necessary?
- Was a C-section performed too late?
- Did your doctor and other members of your medical team make mistakes because of poor monitoring and communication?
We will consult with medical experts as necessary to get answers to the key questions in your case. Then, we will draw on our experience and strong track record while we prepare a compelling claim for compensation for you and/or your child.
The End Goal: Renewed Hope
Ultimately, we want to help your family get the resources you will need to provide your baby with the best corrective surgery, therapy, tutoring services and/or disability accommodations possible. If you are the mother and you suffered harm, we want you to be able to pay for whatever you need to manage and improve your life despite your injuries.